At Preston Primary School we actively discourage parents from taking their children out of school for holidays during term time.
To help parents plan their holidays please see the term dates below.
In line with DfE instructions, Preston Park Primary School will not authorise any holiday taken during term time. All absence from school due to holidays will be noted as unauthorised absence.
TERM DATES 2020-2021
AUTUMN TERM 2020
- Pupils return to school Thursday 3rd September 2020 (staff Inset Tuesday 1st September 2020 & Wednesday 2nd September 2020)
- Last day of term Friday 23rd October 2020
- Half Term Monday 26th - Friday 30th October 2020
- Pupils return to school Monday 2nd November 2020
- Staff Inset Friday 11th December 2020
- Last day of term Friday 18th December 2020 @ 1:30pm
- Christmas Holiday Monday 21st December 2020-Friday 1st January 2021
SPRING TERM 2021
- Pupils return to school Monday 4th January 2021
- Last day of term Friday 12th February 2021
- Half term Monday 15th - Friday 19th February 2021
- Pupils return to school Monday 22nd February 2021
- Staff Inset Friday 26th March 2021
- Last day of term Thursday 1st April 2021 @ 1:30pm
- Easter Holiday Friday 2nd April - Friday 16th April 2021
SUMMER TERM 2021
- Pupils return to school Monday 19th April 2021
- May Bank Holiday Monday 3rd May 2021
- Last day of term Friday 28th May 2021
- Half term Monday 31st May - Friday 4th June 2021
- Pupils return to school Monday 7th June 2021
- Staff Inset day Friday 18th June 2021
- Last day of term Wednesday 21st July @ 1:30pm
TERM DATES 2021-2022
AUTUMN TERM 2021
- (Staff Inset on Wednesday 1st September, Thursday 2nd September 2021 &
Friday 3rd September 2021)
- Pupils return to school Monday 6th September 2021
- Last day of term Friday 22nd October 2021
- Half Term Monday 25th October to Friday 29th October 2021
- Pupils return to school Monday 1st November 2021
- Last day of term Friday 17th December 2021 @ 1:30pm
- Christmas Holiday Monday 20th December 2021 – Monday 3rd January 2022
SPRING TERM 2022
- Pupils return to school Tuesday 4th January 2022
- Last day of term Friday 11th February 2022
- Half term Monday 14th February 2022 to Friday 18th February 2022
- Pupils return to school Monday 21st February 2022
- (Staff Inset Friday 18th March 2022)
- Last day of term Friday 1st April 2022 @ 1:30pm
- Easter Holiday Monday 4th April 2022 – Monday 18th April 2022
SUMMER TERM 2022
- Pupils return to school Tuesday 19th April 2022
- May Bank Holiday Monday 2nd May 2022
- Last day of term Friday 27th May 2022
- Half term Monday 30th May – Friday 3rd June 2022
- Pupils return to school Monday 6th June 2022
- (Staff Inset Friday 17th June 2022)
- Last day of term Friday 22nd July 2022 @ 1:30pm
TERM TIME LEAVE
Parents are strongly discouraged from taking their children out of school for long periods of time.
Family holidays or trips abroad must be taken in the school holidays. The Headteacher can only authorise absence, in exceptional circumstances. In such cases, parents should submit a ‘Leave of Absence Request Form’ in advance and only make bookings if leave is granted. Whether to grant leave is at the discretion of the Headteacher. There is no right for a parent to appeal a decision.
We have compiled this list of frequently asked questions to provide some guidance.
Have I the right to take my child on holiday in term-time when I wish?
No. Schools have the discretion to grant leave of absence in other exceptional circumstances, but it will not automatically be granted.
How will the time away be recorded?
It will be an authorised absence if agreed by the school. If it is not agreed by the school, it will be recorded as unauthorised absence, and could result in a penalty notice being issued.
Can holiday leave be granted retrospectively?
What happens if we don’t return on the agreed date?
The absence will be unauthorised. Your child's place at the school may be at risk. Admissions and the Education Welfare Service will be informed and a fixed penalty notice may be issued.
What happens if my child is removed from the school’s roll?
You must contact the Brent Admissions Service on 020 8937 3100 for advice and information on enrolling your child in another school.
What if I need a longer absence period than 10 days?
You should ensure that any extra time falls within school holidays.
Is there a right of appeal against a decision to remove from the school’s roll?
No, schools are legally entitled to take this course of action.
What is the Penalty Notice fine for term time leave?
New amounts for education-related penalty notices will come into force on 1 September 2012. The Education (Penalty Notices) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 increases the current amounts of penalty notices payable by parents from 1 September 2012. These will apply to any parent who fails to ensure the regular attendance of their child of compulsory school age (5-16) who is registered at a state school or fails to ensure that their excluded child is not found in a public place during schools hours without a justifiable reason. The amounts stated on the penalty are £60 per parent within 21 days. Days 22-28 the fine increases to £120 per parent. If the fine is not paid within this timescale legal action will commence with a referral to court. Costs can escalate to £1000 plus.